STEM Study Group Sessions - Fall 2023: TBA
Study Group Sessions Logistics
- Study group settings - sessions for supported courses are led by qualified peer-tutors who deliver structured help for previously studied course material. Concepts studied earlier in the course are reviewed and students are provided with the opportunity to solve practical problems.
- Registration - One-time registration to participate in the study sessions is required: submit a Registration Form (TBA) before your first visit. Additional submissions are not needed for the rest of the semester.
- Schedule - specific information on supported courses, locations, and session times are listed in the table below and on the STEM Tutoring Hub website.
- Check-in - Appointments for Study Group Sessions are NOT needed. Check-in at time of arrival to the room is required.
Study Group Sessions Objectives - Students will:
- Review previously studied material and engage in learning activities that reinforce concept understanding. Work on practice problems.
- Explore study strategies and time management skills applicable to each discipline.
- Advance in applying independent thought and active learning techniques in the study process.
- Acknowledge personal responsibility for their own academic accomplishments.
Spring 2023 Schedule
|Bio 1/1L||Bio Tutor room, SSB 340|
|Bio 2/2L||Bio Tutor room, SSB 340|
|Chem 1||Chem Center, SSB 330|
|Chem Center, SSB 330|
|CSE 22||CSE Tutor room, SSB 340|
|CSE 24||CSE Tutor room, SSB 340|
|Math 5||The Math Center, SSB 320|
The Math Center, SSB 320
|Math 12||Chem Center, SSB 330|
|Math 21||The Math Center, SSB 320|
|Math 22||The Math Center, SSB 320|
|Math 23||Chem Center, SSB 330|
|Phys 9||Physics Tutor room, SSB 340|
|Phys 18||Physics Tutor room, SSB 340|